What is bead blasting?
Bead blasting uses compressed air to spray fine abrasive particles onto the surface of the CNC machining parts at high speed, so the parts can be cleaned and have a different roughness.
What is the classification of the bead blasting process?
- Press-in bead blasting and suction bead blasting.
- Dry bead blasting and liquid bead blasting.
- Open bead blasting and box (room) type bead blasting.
- Manual bead blasting and automatic bead blasting
What are the Pros and Cons of Bead Blast Finish?
The Pros of Bead Blasting
- Bead blasting is the most efficient cleaning method.
- Bead blasting does not change the color of the part.
- Bead blasting is the most environmentally friendly method of surface treatment.
- Bead blasting can be done with different roughness options
- Bead blasting materials can be reused many times
The Cons of Bead Blasting
- Bead blasting affects tight component tolerances
- Bead blasting may not be strong enough for steel materials
- Smoothing hard materials takes longer.
- Bead blasting requires skilled operators
- The surface may leave scratches
What is the type of bead blasting?
- Copper ore sand
- Quartz sand
- Adamantine sand
- Iron sand
- Sea sand
What is the application of sandblasting?
- Surface pre-treatment processing: electroplating, painting, PU, rubber and plastic coating, metal spray welding, titanium plating, etc. before treatment and increase the adhesion of the surface.
- Surface beautification processing: various metal products decorative processing. Plating products matte and soft matte treatment. Non-metallic products such as: acrylic, Polly, crystal glass and other surface atomization treatment.
- Surface cleaning processing: metal oxide layer or heat treatment after the black skin, surface pores. Metal or non-metal surface dirt and rust elimination. Ceramic surface black and coloring point removal.
- Surface hair removal processing: plastic, Bakelite products, zinc and aluminum die-casting products such as hair removal.
- Electronic parts processing: silicon chip diffusion surface impurity removal operations, silicon chip sandblasting cut into small round grain etching processing operations, electronic parts packaging industry overflow glue burr spray removal, electronic parts finished surface printing removal, ceramic electric heating material cleaning.
- Surface etching process: precious metal jewelry, precious stones, glass, stone, stone seals, ceramics, wood and other surface finishing etching treatment.
- Workpiece stress relief processing: aerospace industry parts of parts cleaning and stress relief.
- Mold processing: mold surface pear processing (sandblasting) mold nibble and matte treatment, increase the adhesion of the mold covered with PU, shoe mold, conductive rubber mold, tire mold and electronic product mold cleaning and matte treatment.
What materials can be processed by bead blasting?
- Metals: copper, iron, stainless steel, aluminum, magnesium, titanium, etc.
- Non-metals: acrylic, glass, ceramics, marble, and other stones, etc.
- Other materials: wood, bamboo, plant fruits, jeans, etc.
What industries can sandblasting be applied to?
- Electrical appliances
- Crafts and accessories
- Wood and stone processing
What is the effect of sandblasting surface treatment?
After the sandblasting process, the surface of the workpiece is the original color of the metal. This is because the surface of the workpiece is rough and the light is refracted, so there is no metallic luster.
What is the difference between shot blasting and bead blasting?
Shot blasting and bead blasting are both using compressed air as the power to blow it out at high speed to impact the surface of the workpiece to achieve the cleaning effect. But the choice of material is different, the effect is not the same.
- After bead blasting, the surface of the workpiece is slightly damaged and the surface area is greatly increased.
- After shot blasting, the surface of the workpiece is not easily damaged, and the surface area is slightly increased.
what is the workflow of bead blasting?
- Workpiece surface cleaning. Commonly used methods are: electric sanding, solvent cleaning, acid cleaning, etc.
- Masking the parts not requiring sandblasting
- Start sandblasting
- Sand (abrasive) recycling
What are the precautions of bead blasting work?
- Protective equipment must be put on before work.
- When working, not less than two people.
- The gas storage tank, pressure gauge, and safety valve should be examined regularly.
- The gas storage tank should be discharged once every two weeks.
- The filter in the sand tank should be checked once a month.
- Check whether the ventilation pipe and sandblasting machine door are sealed.
- The compressed air valve should be opened slowly and the air pressure should not exceed 0.8 MPa. generally 0.2 to 0.6 MPa.
- Bead blasting size should be adapted to the work requirements, generally between ten and twenty.
- Sand should be kept dry.
- When sandblasting machine work, prohibit the approach of extraneous personnel.
- When cleaning and adjusting the operating parts, machining should be stopped.
- Forbidden to use compressed air to blow dust on the body.
- Cleaning up the dust in the room After work.